The UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from low income backgrounds to pursue full-time Undergraduate degree studies at UCL.
Value: 10 awards of full tuition fees & maintenance and 20 awards of full tuition fees
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need
Eligible fee status: Overseas
Eligible programmes: All Undergraduate degrees
Deadline: 5pm BST, Friday 29 April 2022
Candidates can be from any country outside the UK but must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be eligible to pay the overseas fee rate;
- come from a low income background*;
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Undergraduate degree at UCL in 2022/23.
*Guidance on how UCL defines household income can be found on our essential information page.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There are up to 30 scholarships available in 2022/23.
- 10 awards of full tuition fees & maintenance; 20 awards of full tuition fees
- The scholarship is tenable for the normal duration of the programme
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Undergraduate degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship being awarded
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
How to apply
You need to have submitted an admission application to UCL in order to apply for the scholarship.
Instructions for accessing the online scholarship application form:
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click 'Check and apply' under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
NB. For each programme that you wish to apply funding for, you will need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
For help completing the form please read our UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship Application Guidance.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Friday 29 April 2022.
Successful candidates for 2022/23 will be notified by 31 May 2022.