The UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from low income backgrounds to pursue full-time Undergraduate degree studies at UCL.
Value: 10 awards of full tuition fees and maintenance allowance, and 20 awards of full tuition fees
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need
Eligible fee status: Overseas
Eligible programmes: All Undergraduate degrees
Deadline: 5pm BST, Monday 24 April 2023
Candidates can be from any country outside the UK but must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be eligible to pay the overseas fee rate;
- come from a low income background*;
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Undergraduate degree at UCL in 2023/24.
*Guidance on how UCL defines household income can be found on our essential information page.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There are up to 30 scholarships available in 2023/24.
- 10 awards of full tuition fees & maintenance allowance; 20 awards of full tuition fees.
- The scholarship is tenable for the normal duration of the programme.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Undergraduate degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship being awarded.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need.
How to apply
You need to have submitted an admission application to UCL in order to apply for the scholarship.
While you do not need to have received an offer of admission to be eligible for this scholarship, you will need to have had your fee status confirmed by UCL Admissions. For some students this happens shortly after you apply to the university, but for many this will not happen until just before an offer of admission is made. If you are unable to access the scholarship application form, you may need to wait until UCL has decided whether to make you an admission offer. Please ensure you apply for admission well before the scholarship deadline.
Instructions for accessing the online scholarship application form:
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click 'Check and apply' under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
NB. For each programme that you wish to apply funding for, you will need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
For help completing the form please read our UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship Application Guidance which will be available once applications open.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Monday 24 April 2023.
Successful candidates for 2023/24 will be notified by 9th June 2023.