Train the Trainer - Manual handling and lifting
This instructor led course will provide managers and supervisors with the knowledge and skills to deliver effective manual handling and lifting training to their teams.
The 'Train the Trainer' programme aims to support participants in delivering effective in-house training to their staff group. You will gain an understanding of how people learn and what factors need to be taken into account when delivering training. You will explore basic teaching strategies and consider how these can be applied.
All safety instructor-led training courses are delivered by our team of safety experts.
This interactive course will equip you with everything you need to deliver manual handling and lifting training to your team. The course is designed for managers and supervisors whose teams carry out low risk manual handling activities.
By completing this training you will:
- Learn the correct techniques for lifting and moving and the effect this has on the human anatomy
- Be able to instruct your team on how to carry out a risk assessment to reduce risk
- Be aware of the legal requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 and other legislation
- Be able to demonstrate efficient movement principles and the correct posture to adopt during manual handling tasks
- Gain an understanding of how people learn and what factors need to be taken into account when delivering training
As this is a practical course, please wear appropriate loose-fitting clothing (preferably trousers) and consider your current state of health before undertaking this training course.
This course is aimed at managers and supervisors whose teams carry out low risk manual handling activities and want to train their staff groups in the correct principles of manual handling and lifting.
Training courses are free to UCL staff however your Department will be charged £50 if you fail to attend when booked on a course.
If you have not received your confirmation notification from the MyHR Mailer please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Places to external delegates are only offered if there is spare capacity on an instructor-led course.
Please contact email@example.com to be placed on a waiting list stating the course title and date you wish to join.
Training courses are accessible using UCL MyLearning.
Last updated: Monday, June 14, 2021