Oxy-fuel gases set up and pre-use check training
This course is for all UCL staff who use oxy-fuel gas systems within the workplace.
This practical course is designed to further your learning by practising the safe set-up, leak test and shut-down of an oxy-acetylene gas system in a practical environment.
You must have successfully completed the eLearning course Using Oxy-Fuel Gases Safely within Universities. Please contact email@example.com for details on how to access this eLearning course.
All safety instructor-led training courses are delivered by our team of safety experts.
This practical instructor-led workshop will enable you to:
- Correctly identify gas cylinders
- Identify functional differences between regulator types
- Undertake a pre-use visual check on gas regulators
- Select and fit the correct flashback arrestors
- Identify the correct hoses to be fitted
- Select the correct cutting torch and nozzle
- Undertake functional tests on regulators
- Set the correct gas pressures for the nozzle being used
- Correctly set up an oxy-fuel gas workstation
- Correctly leak test an oxy-fuel gas workstation
- Recognise the need for safe shut-down procedures
This course is for all staff who use oxy-fuel gas systems within the workplace.
Training courses are free to UCL staff however your Department will be charged £50 if you fail to attend when booked on a course. Non-attendance at first aid courses will incur a higher non-attendance fee.
If you have not received your confirmation notification from the MyHR Mailer please contact Safety Services on 020 3108 8592 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Places to external delegates are only offered if there is spare capacity on an instructor-led course.
Please contact email@example.com to be placed on a waiting list stating the course title and date you wish to join.
Training courses are accessible using UCL MyLearning.
Last updated: Thursday, June 18, 2020