Pre-arrival and booking
- I am a UCL alumnus/alumna. How do I benefit from the UCL Alumni rate?
You may call or e-mail the hall you are interested in and ask for the alumni discount code. On check in you must present your UCL Alumni Card. To get your Alumni card, please email email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 3108 3833.
- What method of payments do you accept?
Individual guests must book online. Payment is accepted by credit or debit card. Groups bookings may be paid by credit/debit card or bank transfer. Company name and invoice number number must be included as part of the transaction reference.
Account Name: UCL Residences Account
Bank Address: Barclays Bank PLC, 6-17 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 1BH
Account Number: 70116009
Sort Code: 20-10-79
Swift: BARC GB 22
IBAN: GB77 BARC 2010 7970 1160 09
Please note, bank transfers are subject to variable bank charges by both the sending and receiving bank; these charges must be settled by the sender. You must send proof of bank transfer payment to UCL Estates Accommodation office firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 3108 3833.
- I am a UCL student / pre-sessional course student. Can I book online for the summer and do I get a discount?
There is no discount for UCL students using the booking form on this website. You can apply for summer accommodation online. By doing so you will benefit from our student summer prices.
- Can I swap a booking from one residence to another?
Each residence is independent and bookings cannot be swapped. You will need to cancel your initial booking and re-book at another residence (charges may apply).
- Can I rent a conference room / classroom at the residences?
- Is there accessible accommodation for people with disabilities?
UCL can provide accessible rooms on some sites, subject to availability. If you or a member of your group have a disability you should let us know when you book so we can ensure suitable accommodation is available.
- What times are the check-in and check-out?
Check in is after 3pm and check out is before 10am.
See individual residence information pages for latest check in time. We reserve the right to charge an extra night if the room is not vacated by 10am.
- I will arrive very late at night. Will I be able to check in?
If you are arriving after 8pm please send us an email in advance in order to ensure your room is not considered a "No Show".
- Where and how do I check in?
Please report to the reception of the residence you have booked except for the following:
- Frances Gardner check in is at Langton Close.
- Ian Baker check in is at Ramsay Hall.
- Max Rayne check in is at Ifor Evans Hall.
Staff will ask for photo ID and will issue you with a set of keys.
- What is provided in the residences?
Below is a quick summary of what UCL does and does not provide within its residences and bedrooms.
Items provided Items NOT provided Kitchen facilities with basic crockery, cutlery and utensils, microwave, kettle
Bed linen and a bath towel
Weekly clean of the bedrooms and bed linen change
Wireless internet access in the bedrooms
Access to launderette
Luggage storage (day of departure only, at some sites, at discretion of staff)
Shampoo and other personal hygiene items
Tea and coffee making facilities in the bedrooms
Daily inspection and cleaning of the bedrooms
TV in the bedroom
- Is there WiFi internet access?
We have free WiFi access in all bedrooms.
- I am staying in a self-catered residence, do I need to bring cooking utensils?
No. All self-catering residences have kitchens with crockery, cutlery, and cooking utensils for shared use with other guests.
- Is there a curfew?
During your stay you may enter and exit the residence at any time however we ask guests to respect the quiet hours which are from 11pm to 8am.
- Can I have guests?
Guests are allowed during the day however we do not allow overnight stays. Please note for fire safety reasons our rooms are for the advertised number of occupants only (single or twin).
- Can I receive post during my stay?
Yes. Ensure that your name, room number and the residence's address are on the items. We will notify you if we receive post for you and you will be able to collect it from the office during opening hours.
- Is there a phone in the bedrooms?
There are no phones in our rooms, and no pay phones on our sites.
- Are the rooms air-conditioned?
There is no air-conditioning in the rooms.
- Can I smoke in the residences?
Smoking is not permitted in any part of the building. Smoking in communal areas is a criminal offence and may result in prosecution by the Police.
- Are linen and towels provided?
Yes. Linen and towels are provided and changed weekly, or in between each guest.
- Can I upgrade to bed & breakfast, half board or full board?
Guests at Ramsay Hall, Ian Baker House and Astor College can purschase vouchers from Ramsay Hall reception for breakfast and dinner, which are served at Ramsay Hall.