Our consultancy projects develop through strong relationships with schools and practitioners.
Reading Recovery Europe national leaders are experts in literacy learning and literacy difficulties internationally. We have delivered keynotes and workshops at conferences in USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia. We provide bespoke courses and professional development for teachers in England, Scotland, Ireland, Denmark, Malta, India and United Arab Emirates. We have worked with GL Assessment to redevelop the Phonological Assessment Battery 2.
- Clients by areas of expertise:
- Publishers: Scholastic, Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press, Pearson, Folens, Hachette Children's Group and Schofield and Sims.
- Schools and Universities: Bute House Prep School in London, Point Park University in Pittsburgh, USA, San Anton School in Malta, Stour Academy Trust, The Willows School and Early Years Centre in Milton Keynes.
- Local Authorities and other government bodies: Derbyshire County Council, Thurrock Council, Enfield Council, Welsh Assembly, Ministry for Education and Employment in Malta.
- CfBT Education Trust.
- PDST in Ireland.
- The Arabic Club for Kids.
- Consultancy focuses:
- Project leadership and development within Reading Recovery Europe;
- Professional development in literacy intervention – Reading Recovery; Growth in Reading, Oracy and Writing (GROW) in KS3;
- Professional development in literacy - Shared, guided and independent reading; shared, guided and independent writing; oral language development; phonics for reading; reading comprehension; teaching and learning grammar; guided reading in KS2 including reciprocal reading and inference training;
- Developing professional expertise in the use of Book Banding principles in literacy programmes and selection of texts for teaching reading;
- Curriculum and resource development;
- Coaching teachers and empowering professional practice;
- Action research and evaluation of literacy programmes and literacy resources;
- Leadership, management of literacy and auditing of provision and progress;
- Working with publishers, authors and text designers who are looking to understand more about banding texts to support children's learning.
Our projects include: