There are many opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate study and research within the Centre for Planetary Sciences and associated departments at UCL and Birkbeck.
In conjunction with the Centre for Planetary Sciences at UCL/Birkbeck, UCL offers an MSc in Planetary Science course:
The MSc programme in Planetary Science has a curriculum which is drawn from a variety of academic departments within UCL, including Physics and Astronomy, Space and Climate Physics (Mullard Space Science Laboratory), Earth Sciences, Physiology, Cell and Developmental Biology, and the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at Birkbeck College.
UCL MSc courses are also available in Space Science, Astrophysics, and Space Technology and Satellite Communications:
- MSc Astrophysics, UCL P&A
- MSc Space Risks & Disaster Reduction, MSSL
- MSc Space Science & Engineering: Space Science, MSSL
- MSc Space Science & Engineering: Space Technology, MSSL
- MSc Systems Engineering Management, MSSL
- MSc Technology Management, MSSL and UCLse
Planetary Science PhD positions
We welcome applications for external research fellowships in the planetary sciences and related fields. These can be held at the main UCL campus in Bloomsbury, or at the Mullard Space Science Laboratory in Surrey. If you have an interest in applying, please contact us as early as possible. Separate applications should be submitted for each potential host department.
- UCL Earth Sciences
- UCL Space and Climate Physics (Mullard Space Science Laboratory)
- UCL Astrophysics Group, Dept of Physics and Astronomy
Information for prospective undergraduate students
BSc and MSci courses
UCL offers BSc and MSci Earth Sciences and Astrophysics courses with planetary modules:
Birkbeck offers a BSc in Planetary Science with Astronomy course, and a Certificate in Planetary Geology: