Brian Duff Undergraduate Summer Research Studentships in High Energy Physics
1 March 2022
The High Energy Physics group are offering two Brian Duff studentships to undergraduates interested in pursuing research projects over the summer.
The key aims of the studentships are to give motivated UCL Physics & Astronomy undergraduates the opportunity to work on a research project, gain experience developing and writing a research proposal and presenting their research to their peers. The details of the scheme and the application process are outlined below. General enquiries should be directed to Ms Shanice Thomas, HEP Research Group Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
The deadline for applications is Monday the 18th of April 2022.
- Applicants should be undergraduates [Yr 2 (BSc or MSci) or Yr 3 (MSci registered)] in the Department of Physics and Astronomy, or UCL Natural Sciences students with Physics as main stream.
- The main supervisor of the project must be a current academic in the HEP group in the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
- Successful candidates will be provided with a bursary of £2000 for the studentship, and are expected to work on the project for a total duration of 8-10 weeks.
- Further details are available on the High Energy Physics group Summer Students web page: https://www.hep.ucl.ac.uk/summerStudents.shtml
- The student should contact their prospective supervisor ahead of time, and the student and supervisor should develop the project and application together.
- Proposals should be in the form of a 1-page motivation letter highlighting why the student is interested in the programme, a 1-page case for support describing the proposed project, and a 1-page A4 CV of the student.
- The case for support should include the name of the supervisor, the name and student number of the student, the student's fee status, and the proposed duration of the project.
- The deadline for submission of applications is 9 am on Monday 18th April 2022. The motivation letter, case for support and CV should be combined into one PDF document and emailed to Ms Shanice Thomas (email@example.com) .
- Successful applicants will be notified in early May 2022.