Experts to join live podcast finale for Coronavirus: The Whole Story
15 July 2021
Four of UCL’s leading Coronavirus experts will come together in conversation for the finale of the ‘Coronavirus: The Whole Story' live podcast with science writer and broadcaster, Vivienne Parry OBE.
The live podcast will take place on Wednesday 21 July, 4-5.30pm, and be introduced by UCL’s President & Provost Dr Michael Spence. Professor Dame Anne Johnson, Professor Deenan Pillay, Professor Susan Michie and Professor Andrew Hayward will join Vivienne Parry to discuss the pandemic from a range of perspectives, looking back at lessons learned as well as to the future.
After 52 episodes, the grand finale will be just two days after the final stage of the Government’s coronavirus “unlocking” plan, dubbed ‘Freedom Day’. Journalists and the public can put their questions to the panel in advance.
Since the start of the pandemic, UCL’s experts have played a key role in providing expertise and advice to government, as well as engaging with the public on issues relating to the virus and its impacts.
Founder and Director of the UCL School for the Health of the Public, Professor Johnson is President of the UK Academic of Medical Sciences and an adviser to the SAGE committee.
Pro-Vice-Provost International and Professor of Virology, Professor Pillay is an adviser to the Independent SAGE committee.
Behavioural science expert and regular commentator on coronavirus, Professor Michie is an adviser to the SAGE and Independent SAGE committees.
Director of the UCL Institute of Epidemiology and Healthcare, Professor Hayward is an adviser to the SAGE and Nervtag committees.
The event will form part of the final episode of the Coronavirus: The Whole Story podcast series, which over the last year has featured over 120 experts and listened to 85,000 times.
- Register for the event
- Submit a question to the expert panel
- Listen to the Coronavirus: The Whole Story podcast
- Professor Dame Anne Johnson’s academic profile
- Professor Deenan Pillay’s academic profile
- Professor Susan Michie’s academic profile
- Professor Andrew Hayward’s academic profile
- Vivienne Parry’s profile
- UCL Health of the Public
- UCL Institute for Global Health
- UCL Psychology and Language Sciences
- UCL Population Health Sciences
- UCL Faculty of Medical Sciences
- l-r: Vivienne Parry OBE, Professor Dame Anne Johnson, Professor Deenan Pillay, Professor Andrew Hayward, Professor Susan Michie
Tel: +44 (0)20 3108 6995
Email: k.corry [at] ucl.ac.uk