Medical Sciences Taster Day
25 October 2022, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
Calling all Black students in Years 11/12 who are considering a career in Medical Sciences.
This event is free.
Did you know that there are many other degrees which UCL offers in the medical field other than straight Medicine? For example, UCL is at the forefront of pioneering medical research in cancer, genetics, surgery and much more and we need budding scientists like you to help take on the biggest health challenges. If you would like to find out more, we are running a Medical Sciences Taster Day on Tuesday 25 October which may interest you. The event will run from 10am to 2pm at UCL’s campus. You will hear from professionals in Medical Sciences, see live demonstrations, and have the opportunity to talk to current UCL Medical Sciences students.
We are also running a competition alongside the day with prizes. The first prize is a voucher worth £200! The competition is aimed at aspiring physiologists and will require you to submit a short, written piece of work in November. Full details will be given to you during the Taster Day.
- Discover what it’s like to study at UCL
- Meet and network with medical sciences professionals
- Meet current UCL medical sciences students and hear their experiences
- Learn about the different support and opportunities available at university
- Gain valuable advice about applying to university
- Get the chance to experience a taster session
- Make informed decisions about your future
Date & Time
Tuesday 25 October 2022 10:00am-2:00pm
UCL Bloomsbury Campus
To attend this event, you must be:
- A prospective student from a Black African, Black Caribbean, White and Black African/Black Caribbean, or Other Black background
- In Year 11 or 12, attending (or previously attended) a UK state school or academy
- Meets our WP criteria: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/widening-participation/who-we-work
Applications are open now and will close on Friday 7th October.
For any queries about the event, please contact:
Dr Zahra Mohri: firstname.lastname@example.org
Temitayo Lawal: email@example.com