Throughout the course of the year, via the SEQs, students are given the opportunity to nominate teachers who have been particularly helpful or inspiring to them during their studies. They are also able to nominate administrators whom they have found to be particularly helpful and supportive.
At the end of the academic year, the QAEU counts the number of nominations for each teacher/administrator and the ones with the most nominations receive a certificate and a letter of recognition.
Top Teacher 2021-22 Winners:
We are delighted to announce the Top Teacher and Top Admin Awards for 2021-22.
A huge thank you to all those that nominated staff - there were over 1100 submissions for the Top Teacher awards alone! With so many nominations we have broken down the awards by years and want to say congratulations to all those that have won.
- Winner: Benny Chain
- Runners Up: Ian Edwards, Pam Houston and Ryan Felice
- Winner: Laura Porro
- Runners Up: Pam Houston, Sandra Martelli and Chris Yeo
- Winner: Melissa Whitten
- Runners Up: Richard Milne, Benny Chain and Jonathan Derrick
- Winner: Natalia Gibbery
- Runners Up: Prasheena Naran, Akish Luintel and Rebabonye Pharithi
- Winner: Jonathan Cartledge
- Runners Up: Nadim Kadem, Idan Bokoboza and Pratik Shah
- Winner: Stephanie Smith
- Runners Up: Will Topping, Natalia Sanchez-Thompson, Isabel O'Shea and Lucy Mealey
- Winner: Sara Thompson
- Runners Up: Clare Elliott, Clive Mason and Christiano Turbil
Clinical & Professional Practice Winners
- Winners: Subash Jayakumar and Tina Nyazika
- Runners Up: Margaret Lloyd and Pasquale Berlingiere
Top Administrators Awards 2021-22
- Winner - Andy Houghton (UCL Medical School)
- Runner Up - Kasia Janik (Division of Biosciences)
- Winner - Polly Thompson (Division of Biosciences)
- Winner - Heather Ormsby (Division of Infection and Immunity)
- Winner - Susan Bariotakis (Division of Surgery and Interventional Science)
- Winner - Tadiwa Mutongwizo (Institute of Child Health)
- Fiona Rose-Clarke - Fiona had multiple mentions across different years!