If you have any problems or difficulties, please discuss them with a member of staff. Specific questions about mathematical problems in your courses should in the first instance be taken up with the appropriate course lecturer. For more general questions (academic, personal, financial, accommodation, etc.), you can talk with the following (see below for more details):
- Your personal tutor
- The MSc Tutor, Dr Andrea Macrina
- The MSc Administrator, Jagdeep Dosanjh
- The Departmental Manager, Mrs Helen Higgins (Room 611)
- The Head of Department, Prof Helen Wilson (Room 608)
- Any other member of staff you know
Outside the Department, there are the College support services, which include:
- the Dean of Students (Welfare), Dr Ruth Siddall, Dean.of.Students AT ucl.ac.uk
- the UCL Union, The Rights and Advice Centre, First Floor of the Bloomsbury Theatre, 15 Gordon Street.
- the UCL Counselling Service, located at 3 Taviton Street (Ground floor) (5 minute walk from the Department): students can just go along there or phone (020 7679 1487). The student counselling service provides completely confidential help on all personal issues.
- out of hours support: UCL works in partnership with Care First to provide an out-of-hours and information, support and counselling telephone line for UCL students.
- the advisor to women students - appointments can be made through the Dean of Students Office (020 7679 4545).
If you become unhappy with your programme of study, or feel that you are falling behind and cannot cope, or are experiencing other problems, it is very important that you contact the Course Director, Dr Andrea Macrina (or another member of staff of the Department) straightaway. These difficulties can often be resolved but it is much easier if they are dealt with promptly (this is true regardless of whether you need some help to continue with the course, wish to change course, or even to give up the course).
If you experience racial or sexual harassment, please discuss it with someone from the list above. More details on this are given on the UCL Current Students Support pages.