- Archaeology Data Service / Digital Antiquity: guidance on project metadata for archaeology
- Data Documentation Initiative (DDI). An international standard for describing statistical and social science data. It is freely available and describes data that result from observational methods in the social, behavioural, economic, and health sciences.
- Nesstar Publisher. A data management program that can be used for the preparation of data and metadata.
- QuDEx - Qualitative Data Exchange Format. A standard created by the UK Data Archive for describing qualitative data collections.
- UK Data Service - Document your Data. With information on the UK Data Services' catalogue records and an example extract.
- Cessda (Consortium of European Social Science Data Archives). Brings together social science data archives from across Europe.
- European Union Open Data Portal. A single point of access to a growing range of data from the institutions and other bodies of the European Union
- Europeana Library. A multi-lingual repository of visual, audio, video and written sources from across Europe.
- Qualitative Data Repository. QDR archives and provides access to digital data used in qualitative and multi-method social inquiry.
- UK Data Service Repositories. The UK Data Service is a comprehensive resource funded by the ESRC to support researchers, teachers and policymakers who depend on high-quality social, historical and economic data.
- UCL Library Services' Guide to Sources of Socio-Economic Data. Library leaflet detailing primary governmental data websites and UCL's subscriptions to financial & business sources and data archives. Includes tips on using social science data, citation and contacts for further assistance.
- UCL SSEES Library Guide to Economics & Business Data. Library guide to a selection of regional-specific economics and business data, containing mainly datasets from the websites of governments and international organisations, such as the OECD, World Bank and IMF
Our list of repositories of Global Health data may also be relevant to researchers in geography, demographics, development studies and economics.
UK Data Service - Legal and Ethical Issues
Includes extensive information on legal issues, consent for data sharing, anonymisation, access control and further resources.