Tips for improving SEO
- Make sure your homepage has a title and a short (!) description of what the website is about. This description will appear below the link in the search engine.
- Make sure all pages have a title and headings.
- Encourage other websites to link to your website - such links are called 'inbound links . To return the favour you can link to them?
- Set up a weekly report in Google Analytics for different queries so you can begin to compare stats.
- Always give images a title.
- Make sure keywords appear in the title, headings, links, alt-text and throughout the text in the page but don't overdo it!
- Align your URL to the page topic and keyword even for news and events!