Using USB sticks for saving and transferring files in Desktop@UCL using the Citrix Receiver
This guide will explain how to use USB sticks or USB portable external hard drives with the Citrix Receiver.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- A computer connected to the internet and logged in to Desktop @ UCL either via the Citrix receiver or via a web browser
You will need to have installed the Citrix Receiver on your device:
- Windows 7 or 8
- iPad/ iPhone
- You will need a USB stick. We advise you use one of our recommended USB sticks
You can access your USB device which is plugged in to your computer, through the Citrix Receiver.
1. To access your files, you will need to open File Explorer by going to File Explorer > File Explorer – APP.
2. When opened, you can access your USB by selecting and opening the Removable Disk drive.
NOTE: USB can be plugged in before or after opening File Explorer – APP.
3. When opened, you can access your USB by selecting and opening the Removable Disk drive.
Fig 1 - My computer screen with USB drive showing
4. When opening the drive, you might be prompted with a security warning stating that 'An online application is attempting to access files on your computer. Please select ‘Permit all access’ and tick the box next to ‘Do not ask me again for this site’.
Fig 2 - Citrix receiver security warning
5. Before removing your USB device, please navigate out of the Removable Disk in the File Explorer – APP.
Related guides & other info
- Where to save your work/files
- Virus scanning your files
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the Service Desk