How to set printing defaults for Print@UCL using Mac OS X
This guide explains how to set your printing defaults for Print @ UCL, so that you can do not need to reset them each time you print.
We recommend always using mono & duplex setting when printing unless other settings are specifically required.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- You will need an Apple Mac computer running Mac OS X and connected to the internet
- A connection to Print @ UCL already setup: Connecting to Print @ UCL using a Mac Guide
- These instructions are based on Mac OS X 10.12 (OS Sierra)
- Click File, Print from within an application such as Word or Firefox.
- From the menu under the Presets menu select Xerox Features
On the menu below the Xerox Features select Image Options
Fig 1 - Print dialogue box
- Under the Colour Correction option select Black and White
Now select Paper/Output on the menu below Xerox Features
Fig 2 - Print dialogue with presets menu
- Select 2-Sided Print
On the Presets menu click Save Current Settings as Preset...
Fig 3 - Print dialogue save option
Give the Preset a name such as print-UCL and set it for all printers
Fig 4 - Preset save window
- Click OK.
- Hold down the Option (alt) key when choosing your preset and it will become default.
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.
We are continually improving our website. Please provide any feedback using the feedback form.
Please note: This form is only to provide feedback. If you require IT support please contact the IT Services Help desk. We can only respond to UCL email addresses.