How to renew SigmaPlot
This guide explains how to renew a SigmaPlot expired license downloaded from UCL Software Database.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
Before installing, ensure that you have purchased the correct number of licenses. If you have not, then please purchase a license from ISD Purchasing via an Electronic IDT and that you have received a SigmaPlot license file from ISD Purchasing.
1.Ensure that you have received the correct SigmaPlot version license file from ISD Purchasing before proceeding and right-click on the SigmaPlot icon and select run as administrator (even if you have logged in as an administrator).
Fig 1 - Right click SigmaPlot icon
2. The UAC security window will come up, click yes to proceed.
Fig 2 - UAC Window
3. Click Update
Fig 3 - License information
4. Select License file and browse to the license file that has been sent to you
Fig 4 - Update SigmaPlot license
Fig 5 - License updated, restart SigmaPlot
5. If after restarting SigmaPlot you still receive the license expiry notice do the following.
Go to the C:\ProgramData directory and delete the SafeNet Sentinel directory and all sub directories (make sure hidden items is selected)
Fig 6 - Delete SafeNet Sentinel folder
6. Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\SigmaPlot\SPW13 directory and run:
RUS.exe as an administrator
Fig 7 - RUS.exe file location
Fig 8 - UAC Window
7. Click on Apply License File tab > Update File to browse to SigmaPlot license file and Apply license (Note: before selecting license file make sure that the SigmaPlot License information error is closed).
Fig 9 - Apply License tab
Fig 10 - Update written successfully
Related guides & other info
- How to install SigmaPlot
- Searching for details of software package or application
- Downloading software
- Installing software you have downloaded
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.