How to locate the device name of a machine
This guide explains how to locate the device name of a machine, needed when purchasing Adobe CC device licenses from ISD IT Purchasing
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
How to locate the device name on windows
1. Open System Properties by one of the following ways:
- Windows Logo key + Break key
- Right click My Computer/This PC > Properties
- Control panel > System and Security> System
Fig 1 - Right click My Computer
2. Under Computer name, domain and workgroup settings, the Full computer name is the device name
Fig 2 - Full Computer Name Windows
How to locate the device name on mac
3. Open System Preferences by one of the following ways:
- Finder > Applications > System Preferences
Fig 3 - Finder Window
4. Double click Sharing
Fig 4 - System Preferences
5. The device name is stated after, Computers on your local network can access your computer at:
Fig 5 - Full Computer Name Mac
Related guides & other info
- Searching for details of software package or application
- Downloading software
- Installing software you have downloaded
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.
We are continually improving our website. Please provide any feedback using the feedback form.
Please note: This form is only to provide feedback. If you require IT support please contact the IT Services Help desk. We can only respond to UCL email addresses.