How to install Envi 5.4 for Mac
This guide explains how to install and activate Envi 5.4 for Mac downloaded from UCL's Software Database.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
Download Envi 5.4 for Mac from UCL's Software Database.
1. Ensure that the file has downloaded completely before proceeding. Double click on the envi54-mac.pkg file and click to start the installation process.
Fig 1 - ENVI 5.4 mac file
2. The ENVI 5.4 installer will open , click continue to proceed.
Fig 2 - Welcome to ENVI 5.4 Installer
3. Accept the Software License Agreement
Fig 3 - Software License Agreement
4. Select install location, and click Install
Fig 4 - Select Install Location
Fig 5 - Installation was successful
5. Once installed successfully, the Harris License Administrator will open
Fig 6 - Harris License Administrator
6. Click Use License Server and Enter the server name (found on the page where you downloaded the software in the Serial Key Field) and click Connect
Fig 7 - Connect to an existing license server
Fig 8 - Successfully connected
8. To use ENVI 5.4 mac offsite, while still connected to the UCL License server open LicenseAdministrator
Fig 9 - LicenseAdministrator file path location
9. Click Borrow Licenses from a Server
Fig 10 - Welcome to Harris License Administrator
10. Either check Select All or the individual modules that you want to use offsite and then click Borrow from Server
Fig 11 - Borrow from Server
Fig 12 - Successfully borrowed
- Searching for details of software package or application
- Downloading software
- Installing software you have downloaded
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.