How to install Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre for Windows
This guide explains how to install Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre.
This guide explains how to install Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre downloaded from UCL Software Database.
This guide is aimed at...
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
The following needs to be downloaded from UCL Software Database.
- The correct Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre version
- Take note of the Site Number and Confirm Code contained on the download page of SWDB
- Read and understood the UCL Information security policy in particular the UCL Computing Regulations (Acceptable Use Policy)
1. Download the appropriate Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre version
2. Open the downloaded Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre .zip file
3. Extract the files to your Windows desktop
4. Click on the .exe file to start the installation process
Fig 1 - Select installation language
Fig 2 - Click next to continue
Fig 3 - Accept licence agreement
Fig 4 - Select destination folder
Fig 5 - Select components to be installed
Fig 6 - Select file associations
Fig 7 - Register later with serial key
Fig 8 - Click next to install
Fig 9 - Click finish to exit
5. To register Cambridge Structural Database System, open the Start Menu and search for 'Mercury'
6. Run the Mercury Executable
7. You will be presented with the product registration popup. If this doesn't popup, you can gain access to it by going to 'Help' and 'Register Mercury' in the menu
8. Enter the Site Number and Confirm Code. These can be found on the Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre download page of SWDB
Fig 10 - Enter site number and confirm code
Fig 11 - Click ok to exit registration
9. Delete setup files from desktop
Related guides & other info
- Searching for details of software package or application
- Downloading software
- Installing software you have downloaded
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.