How to install ArcGIS for Windows
This guide explains how to install ArcGIS for Windows
This guide explains how to install ArcGIS for Windows downloaded from UCL Software Database.
This guide is aimed at...
Before you start...
The following needs to be downloaded from UCL Software Database.
- the correct ArcGIS version
- Read and understood the UCL Information security policy in particular the UCL Computing Regulations (Acceptable Use Policy)
- Before installing ArcGIS please ensure ArcGIS Desktop has finished downloading and you are connected to the UCL network. You can use the VPN Service if you're not. Click on the link for VPN instructions.
1. Download the appropriate ArcGIS version.
2. Open the downloaded ArcGIS.exe file
3. Select destination folder for the setup files to be extracted to
Fig 1. Extract installation files
Fig 2. Click close to launch setup
Fig 3. Click next to continue
Fig 4. Accept ArcGIS EULA
5. Select installation type - the default is Complete. This will install all ArcGIS components
Fig 5. Select installation type
Fig 6. Select destination folder
6. ArcGIS requires the Python programming language to be installed. Select installation destination folder.
Fig 7. Select Python destination folder
6. Select whether or not you wish to take part in the User Experience Improvement program. Default is yes.
Fig 8. Click install to install software
Fig 9. Click finish to complete installation
5. Delete installation files from directory specified at the beginning
Related guides & other info
- How to Activate ArcGIS
- How to Install CityEngine
- How to Install ProductivitySuite
- Searching for details of software package or application
- Downloading software
- Installing software you have downloaded
- Connecting to the UCL VPN
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.