How to Activate Envi for Offsite use
This guide explains how to activate Envi for Windows
This guide explains how to activate Envi for Windows downloaded from UCL Software Database.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Requesting the Keyless Licence file of ENVI for off site use
To request the Licence file follow the instructions below.
1. Obtain HostID of machine.
Go to Start > Programs > Run > and type cmd; click OK to launch command prompt, enter the following:
C:\> ipconfig /all
The HostID is a 12 character Physical Address value for the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection without hyphens. You will also need the HostID.
Go to Network then Select Built-in Ethernet Click Advanced button and Select Ethernet tab and its the Ethernet ID
Type in /sbin/ifconfig and its the hardware address of eth0;
2. Contact us with the below details:
You will receive a licence file (ending.txt), save this file in My documents.
3. Go to START/PROGRAMS/ENVI/TOOLS/LICENSE WIZARD
4. Select Install a license using one you have received and click Next
Fif 1 - License Wizard
5. Click Browse to import license.dat file
Fig 2 - License Wizard
6. Select license.dat file and click Open
Fig 3 - License File
7. The following screen shot should show up if activation is successful. Click Finish
Fig 4 - License Activated
Activation is Completed
Related guides & other info
- How to Install Envi
- How to Activate Envi Onsite
- Searching for details of software package or application
- Downloading software
- Installing software you have downloaded
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.