Drupal CMS: Social Shares
Learn to use social shares in Drupal.
This guide is aimed at
- PG Students
Before you start
You need to be a Senior Editor, Editor or Author
When editing use Chrome, Firefox or Safari but NOT Internet Explorer
Social Shares allow you to create buttons for users to click on to share content with others. There are Social Shares buttons for Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.
Below is an example of a Tweet button. When a user click on the button, the link to the page with the content they want to share is automatically filled in. All the user needs to do is complete the username and password for the relevant widget.
- Go to the page where you would like to add the button
- Ensure you are in editing mode
- Click on the 'social shares' icon on the editing toolbar
- Tick the relevant boxes
- Click on 'Insert '
- Depending on your role:
if you are a Senior Editor: click on 'Publishing options - Draft (Current)' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
if you are an Editor: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
if you are an Author: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'needs review' from the drop-down menu
- If you need to put the page in the menu, check the instructions for putting a page in the website's menu
- Finally, check you are happy with the result, including on a mobile device
Make sure you update social media regularly. Failing to do so will reduce your website's credibility.