Drupal CMS: Donate button
Learn to use the donate button in Drupal.
This guide is aimed at
- PG Students
Before you start
You need to be a Senior Editor, Editor or Author
When editing use Chrome, Firefox or Safari but NOT Internet Explorer
In order to encourage people to donate to your department or to UCL, there is a donate button you can use - see example below (50% and left-aligned and in this example linked to UCL Campaign).
You will need to decide on the width of the button, the alignment and have the URL ready.
We recommend that you contact UCL Campaign before adding the donate button so you can discuss the best way of making use of it.
- Go to the page where you want to add the donate button
- Ensure you are in editing mode
- Click on the donate button icon in the editing toolbar
- Decide on the width and the alignment
- Add the URL
- Click on 'insert button'
- Depending on your role:
if you are a Senior Editor: click on 'Publishing options - Draft (Current)' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
if you are an Editor: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
if you are an Author: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'needs review' from the drop-down menu
- If you need to put the page in the menu, check the instructions for putting a page in the website's menu
- Finally, check you are happy with the result, including on a mobile device