Connecting to Print@UCL using a standalone Windows computer
This guide will explain how to enable your standalone Windows computer to print to a Print@UCL device.
Are you here because you've recently changed your password and lost your print connection?
To reconnect, you can either:
- follow the instructions below which explains how to reinstall the printer driver OR
- if you are a user of Windows 7 or newer, you can update your UCL password using the Windows Credential Manager.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- You will need a computer running Windows 7/8 or 10 connected to the UCL network or eduroam WiFi.
- A UCL ID card and user ID
- Ensure you have deleted any other old Print @ UCL print queues that reference print.ad.ucl.ac.uk. To do this go to the Windows Start menu, click on Devices & Printers, right click on the old print queue and click Remove device.
- Please Note: Print @ UCL does not currently work with Microsoft Edge. Please choose an alternative web browser in order to print.
1. Open windows explorer and type: \\print.ucl.ac.uk\ in the address field and press enter. Please note you must be connected to the UCL network in order to connect to the server.
Fig 2 - Windows explorer address bar
2. You should then be asked for a username and password. This is your UCL ID and password (same password you would use to connect to UCL email).
Important: Ensure that the UCL ID is typed in the following form:
Username – ad\<your UCL userID> e.g. ad\uczaxxx
Password - <Current UCL Password>
Under the username and password boxes, there is a check box for remembering credentials - please tick this box.
This is so that you do not need to go through this process again, every time you restart your machine.
3. You should now see a window appear with printer choices. Please select the print-ucl queue. Right-click the printer icon and select Connect. This will add the printer to your local device and download the driver.
Fig 4 - Connect to print-UCL queue
This method has been tested on: Windows 7, 8 and 10 operating systems.
Note: When you change your UCL password, you will lose your connection to the printer. You will need to follow these steps again to re-install it.
Set the Print @ UCL queue as your default printer
- Right click on the print-UCL queue on the Devices & printers screen
- Click Set as default printer
Fig 5 Set default printer