Connecting to eduroam Wi-Fi with Apple MacOS
This guide explains how to connect to the eduroam Wi-Fi service for UCL staff and students.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- You must be aware of and abide by the UCL Computing Regulations
- You must be aware of and abide by the JANET Acceptable Use Policy
- You need your UCL user ID & password – found on the front of your registration slip and must be appended with @ucl.ac.uk for connecting to eduroam (e.g. ucxxzano @ ucl.ac.uk)
The simplest and securest way to connect to eduroam is by using the eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool.
Please see Connecting to eduroam using eduroam CAT (Configuration Assistant Tool) for instructions.
- Select the Wireless symbol from the menu bar (Fig.1)
- If you are within range, the eduroam network will be displayed (Fig.2)
- Select eduroam
- You will be prompted to enter your credentials (Fig.3)
Enter the following details:
Username: Your UCL user ID must be in the format userID @ ucl.ac.uk (e.g. zcxxano @ ucl.ac.uk)
Password: Your UCL password
Show Password: As required
Remember this network: If ticked, your password will be stored in the Keychain and you will not be prompted for your credentials again unless the connection fails.
You will be prompted to trust the Quo Vadis Global certificate. Click Continue to connect to eduroam.
To make changes to your Certificate Trust Settings you may need to type in the password of your machine. Click Update Settings to connect.
Having trouble connecting?
For further instructions please see Wi-Fi troubleshooting & known issues.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.