Connecting to eduroam using eduroam CAT (Configuration Assistant Tool)
This guide explains how to connect to the eduroam using the eduroam CAT (Configuration Assistant Tool).
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- You must be aware of and abide by the UCL Computing Regulations
- You must be aware of and abide by the JANET Acceptable Use Policy
- You need your UCL user ID & password – found on the front of your registration slip and must be appended with @ucl.ac.uk for connecting to eduroam (e.g. ucxxzano @ ucl.ac.uk)
- An internet connection
Please note: UCL are not responsible for any content downloaded from third party sites. Installing files from third party sites on to personal machines/devices is entirely at the owner's risk.
- Go to the eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool website (Fig.1).
- Click the Click here to download your eduroam installer link.
- Select University College London (Fig.2).
Click the Download your eduroam installer link (this is automatically detected) to download.
Fig.3 – Download the installer
- To select an eduroam installer for another supported device click Choose another installer to download and select an operating system to download (Fig.4).
- You will see the Welcome to eduroam installer window. To run the installer, click Next (Fig.5).
Fig.5 – Run the installer wizard
And then click OK to continue the installation (Fig.6).
Fig.6 – Confirm installation
- When prompted enter your UCL user ID and password and click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
All done! You can now connect to the eduroam Wi-Fi network.