The Research Computing Platforms Group is accountable to the Research IT Executive Group (RITE).
The scope of the Research Computing
Platforms Group covers all IT services
aimed at providing Research Computing Platforms, Scientific Software
Development and Research IT Facilitating Services. Examples:
- Scientific Software Development Services
- To provide guidance regarding the strategic roadmap for Research Computing Platform Services and make recommendations to the RIISG regarding their prioritised list of associated projects and programmes.
- To provide guidance regarding any strategic matters relating to the operation and/or delivery of Research Computing Platform Services, and make recommendations to the RIISG regarding any key changes to the operation, delivery or scope of these services.
- To ensure that the membership, and Terms of Reference of the Computational Resource Allocation Group (CRAG) are appropriate to the nature and level of oversight the group is required to undertake.
- Group members are required to act as representatives of their research domain, with respect to input provided to, and decisions taken by, the Group.
- Monitoring the effective delivery and operation of Research Computing Platforms services through agreed monthly KPIs and service reports...
- Seek to continually improve the relevance, cost efficiency and efficacy of Research Information & IT Services.
- Terms of Reference and membership of the group are to be reviewed at least annually, to ensure continued alignment with the scope of the Group and the key stake-holding communities.
|John Brodholt (Chair)
|Chair of Research Computing Group (and Department of Earth Sciences)
Department of Chemistry
|Department of Physics & Astronomy
|Head of Computational Life and Medical Sciences Network
|Director, UCL Platform Technologies, SLMS
|Department of Computer Science and Director of Bloomsbury Centre for Bioinformatics
Department of Structural and Molecular Biology
|Director of the Thomas Young Centre
|Department of Structural and Molecular Biology
|Chair of CRAG (and Department of Chemistry)
|Department of Geography
|Head of Research Computing Services, ISD
|Research Computing Lead Systems Administrator, ISD
The group will meet once or twice a term for two hours on a date to allow sufficient subsequent progress against actions, so providing meaningful input to the termly RIISG meeting. Additional meetings may be scheduled as required, to consider specific matters arising.
Meeting support will be provided by ISD.