Moorfields Eye Hospital and the collaborating centres collectively recruited 718 participants to target and on time.
- Moorfields: 374
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust: 106
- Norfolk and Norwich University NHS Foundation Trust: 89
- Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust: 82
- York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust: 37
- Belfast Health and Social Care Trust: 30
The first patient was randomised on 10 October 2012 and the last patient randomized was on 27 October 2014.
The Primary Outcome return rates are closely monitored by the Trial Manager and Data Officer at Moorfields. Overall, there is a 92% return rate for the 6- and 12-month questionnaires. The data officer managing the questionnaire process (sending, receiving and following up questionnaires not received, managing the on-line questionnaire and running regular reports from our database on questionnaire return rates) has contributed to a good return rate.
In addition to the LiGHT Study, we have decided to add secondary studies to complement the main trial.