Genetics and epigenetics data in the British cohort studies
06 March 2024, 12:00 pm–1:00 pm
Join this event to hear Gemma Shireby, Tim Morris and David Bann discuss the genetic and epigenetic resources available in the CLS cohort studies.
This event is free.
This webinar will provide an overview of the genetic and epigenetic data currently available in three nationally representative cohort studies run by the Centre for Longitudinal Studies (CLS):
- the 1958 National Child Development Study
- the 1970 British Cohort Study
- the Millennium Cohort Study
The speakers will also give an update on the status of genetic data in Next Steps, a study following the millennial generation.
Researchers can use these data in combination with the rich health and social data collected from cohort members at regular intervals across the life course. The webinar will provide real-world examples of research using the data, and showcase other potential research applications.
There will be a Q&A at the end.
- Gemma Shireby, Genetics data manager/ Bioinformatician, CLS
- Tim Morris, Senior Research Fellow in Social Science Genetics, CLS
- David Bann, Associate Professor in Population Health, CLS
This online event will be particularly useful for researchers with an interest in genetics.