VIRTUAL EVENT: Knowing History in Schools: Powerful knowledge and the powers of knowledge
24 February 2021, 5:00 pm–7:00 pm
This book symposium launches the open access edited collection ‘Knowing History in Schools: Powerful knowledge and the powers of knowledge’.
This event is free.
Dr Arthur Chapman
'Knowing History in Schools' is a dialogue between the sociologist of the curriculum Professor Michael Young and history educators about the aims, the form and the content of the school history curriculum. This event aims to continue the dialogues that the book began.
This is the second Subject Specialism Research Group symposium launching UCL Press' new open access Knowledge and the Curriculum book series.
- Dr Arthur Chapman, UCL Institute of Education
- Professor Michael Young (retired from the UCL Institute of Education)
- Dr Alison Kitson, UCL Institute of Education
- Dr Nick Dennis, St Francis' College
- Professor Philippe Vitale, Aix-Marseille University
- Professor Johan Mueller, University of Cape Town
- Professor Terry Haydn, University of East Anglia
- Tweet with #KnowingHistoryInSchools
- Knowledge and the Curriculum series
- New book series on knowledge and the curriculum launches
- Specialism Research Group
- Department of Curriculum, Pedagogy and Assessment
Image: Phil Meech for UCL Institute of Education