The series explores core issues in innovating teacher education for higher education institutions and their provider partners.
The Educating Teachers Matters seminar series is co-organised by the Centre for Teachers and Teaching Research (CTTR) and the Department for Learning and Leadership (DLL) at IOE.
Tues 30 Nov 2021, 3 – 4.30pm
- The international crisis of teacher supply - Tanya Ovenden-Hope (Plymouth Marjon University)
Wed 9 Mar 2022, 3 – 4.30pm
- Refugee Education: co-designing an inclusive model for practitioners and policymakers - Professor Joanna McIntyre (University of Nottingham) and Catherine Gladwell (Refugee Education UK)
Thurs 16 Jun 2022, 3.30 – 5pm
- Teacher research is good for schools? - Emajane Milton (Cardiff University), Caroline Daly (IOE)
26 November 2020, 3 to 4:30pm
- How do we better equip new teachers to teach those who learn differently? - Margaret Mulholland (University of Oxford and Association of School and College Leaders)
17 March 2021, 3 to 4:30pm
- Quality conundrums in initial teacher education: understanding practice at scale - Dr Clare Brooks (IOE)
9 June 2021, 3 to 4:30pm
- Why understanding teachers’ subjective wellbeing matters - Professor Qing Gu (IOE)