IBIL offers a range of events and courses which are of interest to IP practitioners, in-house counsel and policy makers.
We're committed to helping members of the IP legal community fulfil their training requirements. We also recognise that many legal professionals need to update their IP knowledge or wish to develop their expertise in this particular field.
Lectures and Events
IBIL's main programme of lively seminars, lectures, debates and conferences cover a wide variety of engaging legal topics. We will provide a Certificate of Participation for CPD purposes on request. Visit our Events Page for more details.
Short CPD Courses
IBIL runs a regular programme of well-regarded CPD courses which have received recognition with the award of a Provost's Teaching Award and praise at the Law Society's Excellence Awards. Many of these are led by Visiting Professors Mark Anderson and Amanda Harcourt.
Our Events Page lists details of forthcoming events which are available to book now. Past courses have included:
- Introduction to Contracts (one-day CPD course)
- Drafting “Legal” Clauses in Commercial Contracts (one-day course)
- Intellectual Property Agreements: Law and Practice (Lunch & Learn)
- Drafting and Negotiating Contracts with Universities (one-day course)
- Drafting and Negotiating Clinical Trial Agreements (one-day course)
- Drafting and Negotiating IP Terms in Research Contracts (one-day course)
- IP Licensing: An Advance Level Drafting Workshop (one-day course)
- Anatomy of an English-law Contract (Lunch & Learn)
- Contract Drafting Skills Workshop (one-day course)
- IP Transactions: Law and Practice (five-day course)
- Privacy Online and Data: Law and Practice (two-day course)