IBIL offers a range of events and courses which are of interest to IP practitioners, in-house counsel and policy makers.
Lectures and Events
IBIL's main programme of lively seminars, lectures, debates and conferences cover a wide variety of engaging legal topics. Many events are CPD accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, the Bar Standards Board and IPReg.
Visit our Events Page for more details.
Short CPD Courses
IBIL runs a regular programme of well-regarded short CPD courses which have received recognition with the award of a Provost's Teaching Award and praise at the Law Society's Excellence Awards. Visit our Events Page for more details of forthcoming events which are available to book now. Past courses have included:
- Introduction to Contracts (one-day CPD course)
- Drafting “Legal” Clauses in Commercial Contracts (one-day course)
- Drafting Understanding and Working with Contracts: An Advanced-Level Workshop (one-day course)
- Drafting and Negotiating Contracts with Universities (one-day course)
- Drafting and Negotiating Clinical Trial Agreements (one-day course)
- Drafting and Negotiating IP Terms in Research Contracts (one-day course)
- IP Licensing: An Advance Level Drafting Workshop (one-day course)
- IP Transactions: Law and Practice (five-day course)
- Privacy Online and Data: Law and Practice (two-day course)
- Copyright, Entertainment & Media Law for Practitioners (five-day course)
Click here to find out more about what makes an engaging and effective CPD session.
Master's Level Courses
As part of its Continuing Legal Education Programme, UCL IBIL has a limited number of places available on its Master's level Intellectual Property Law courses, offering busy professionals an alternative to full-time study. Classes run over either 11 or 22 weeks between October and March, and a UCL Certificate of Attendance is issued at the end of the course.