The UCL Doc Skills cancellation policy.
The Doctoral Skills Development Programme provides personal and professional development opportunities for UCL doctoral researchers at Bloomsbury Postgraduate Skills Network institutions. The programme takes close to 12,000 bookings per academic year. Last minute cancellations can be difficult to process within our small team.
We ask that you uphold the following policy as a courtesy to fellow doctoral researchers who may wish to benefit from a space on a course that you no longer wish to attend:
- Once you have registered for a course you are expected to attend that course in full. If you find you are unable to attend the course for whatever reason, please remove your booking, providing as much notice as possible, in order that your place can be offered to another student. Please bear in mind that there may be a waiting list for that course.
- You are expected to manage your bookings and your reservations on waiting lists through the Inkpath app or website.
- To cancel a course booking, please follow the steps below:
• Open up the phone app or navigate to https://www.Inkpath.co.uk in your browser.
• Click on the Activities tab
• Click on the course you want to cancel in upcoming courses tab
• Click the "cancel bookings" button under the actions tab
• Select your reason for cancellation from the given options and click the "cancel booking" button
- You cannot cancel your course booking once the course has started. Please email the UCL Doc Skills team at email@example.com and they can remove the booking.
- If you remove your booking with less than three days' notice it will be automatically marked by the booking system as a non-attendance.
- If you are unwell or have other mitigating circumstances please email the UCL Doc Skills team to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attendance on the Doctoral Skills Development Programme is monitored through students marking their attendance at the end of the course. The course facilitator will share a QR code with you to scan and register your attendance. If you were not able to mark your attendance in the session, please email the UCL Doc Skills team at email@example.com.
- If you accrue up to three non-attendances the system will automatically place a block on your account and you will be unable to make bookings for a further 1 calendar month. Any bookings you have made for that period will also be removed from your account. Your access to the programme will be reinstated when the 1 month period has elapsed.