Launching the Career Framework for Technical Professionals
17 January 2024
As part of our commitment to support the career development of our Technical Professional staff, we will be launching the latest in a series of Career Frameworks for professional services staff on Thursday 25 January.
What has changed?
As part of our commitment to support the career development of our Technical Professional staff, we will be launching the latest in a series of Career Frameworks for professional services staff on Thursday 25 January 2-4 pm in the South Cloisters, Main Building, Gower Street.
The Career Framework for Technical Professionals has been developed in collaboration with senior leaders, managers and Technical staff across UCL and can be accessed through the Career Frameworks website.
How will that benefit Technical staff?
Career Frameworks are designed to provide Technicians, research professionals and staff scientists, and technologists with clear information about the skills and experience required to perform in a range of job roles, in different service areas and at different levels of seniority across UCL, which can be used to support and inform ongoing personal and professional development.
What are we asking you to do?
- Sign up to attend the official launch and celebration event on Thursday 25 January and an invitation will be sent to you.
- Refer to the Career Framework as a tool which can be used as part of upcoming appraisal conversations.
- Schedule appraisal meetings with your direct reports, to take place between January and April 2024 (UCL’s appraisal season).
- Familiarise yourself with the new appraisal form, which has been designed (in collaboration with staff from the Technical Managers Group) to better support the appraisal process for Technical staff.
- Complete the appraisals e-learning.
- Make sure you are familiar with the appraisal policy.
- Review the previous year’s appraisal form for each direct report.