The Institute brings to bear the distinctive strengths of UCL on such an enterprise: namely, our ability to integrate disciplines that draw from both a material base (from disciplines such as engineering, clinical medicine, and the physical and natural sciences) and a social sciences and humanities perspective. The GGI builds on UCL's track record as a recognised global leader in cross-disciplinary scholarship and research. To this end, the Institute facilitates collaboration with colleagues from across UCL, as well as engages with policy-makers, practitioners, civil society and other actors to promote informed public debate on possible solutions to global societal challenges.
- Be a recognised UK leader in global governance research and policy engagement
- Promote knowledge exchange and educational collaboration across disciplines on global governance
- Facilitate and deliver innovative multidisciplinary and policy-oriented research
- Establish a robust network of research and strategic partnerships within UCL as well as with external partners
- Identify practical approaches to major global governance challenges
- Engage diverse viewpoints and stakeholders from across sectors to promote innovation and novel insight.