Students (incl. Affiliates) from other departments at UCL are welcome to request our modules on the understanding that:
- They have permission from their main department at UCL
- There is space on the module
- There are no timetable clashes with their other modules
- They meet any prerequisites required by individual modules (see our module descriptions)
How to request modules in SELCS
- Undergraduate modules
Module codes: ELCS*
- Year 2 (Level 5) ELCS modules are normally available
- Students wishing to request ELCS modules should do so by selecting them on Portico as soon as they are able to
- There is no need to visit SELCS in person as registration is only via Portico
- If you need more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Module codes: DUTC*, FREN*, GERM*, ITAL*, PORT*, SCAN*, SPAN* Some modules are subject to prerequisites, such as language proficiency. Before selecting modules on Portico, students should email email@example.com to check availability. Module codes: LITC*, LCUL* LITC* and LCUL* modules are not available to students from outside of SELCS.
- Postgraduate modules
To find out which modules are available to postgraduate students and affiliates from other UCL departments, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Module Approval
We aim to confirm whether you have secured a place on requested modules by the end of induction week (first week of term). We recommend that you have reserve options in place in case it is not possible for us to allocate you to requested SELCS modules. Some SELCS modules are oversubscribed.
- Changing Modules
If you need to request changes or you are no longer taking one of our modules once teaching has started, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (depending on level of study).
To make changes on Portico, please contact your main home department at UCL.