Fire Safety Employers' Requirements
Staff who oversee projects need to ensure that contractors have adequate fire safety management plans and arrangements in place during project works and demonstrate a clear fire strategy.
Project managers responsibilities
Staff who oversee projects need to ensure that during project works, the contractors have adequate fire safety management plans and arrangements in place, to demonstrate a clear fire strategy during the works. This plan should include:
- The protection of the means of escape
- The maintenance of suitable fire compartmentation
- Raising the alarm internally and externally to the site.
- Prevention of unwanted fire alarms caused by works (see TN056)
- Provision of passive fire protection (fire stopping) in accordance with MI06.
You should always consult with the Fire Safety team at the earliest possible stage of the project so that they can provide you with technical support.
The following documents are available on the UCL Fire Safety SharePoint site. (UCL login required)
If you are an external user, please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any of the mandatory instructions or technical notes.
Please use the button below to use as a reference for all required technical and management notes.
Last updated: Thursday, December 16, 2021