Information on applying to the UCL EDI Contribution and Engagement Fund to advance localised Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion activity at UCL.
The Race Equality Implementation Group has provided £70,000 (to be spent by 31 July 2023) to incentivise and reward race equity activity undertaken by students and staff and encourage greater engagement with institutional commitments to race equity. The fund also aims to recognise and help address the emotional labour asked of BAME staff and students when undertaking race equity work for the institution.
We are currently accepting applications until Monday, 6th June 2022, for part of the funds to be spent by 31st July 2022.
If you have any further questions, please contact Kae Ohene-Yeboah (EDI Contribution and Engagement Fund Lead).
Who can apply?
Anyone! We will welcome applications from:
- Project Groups
- Academic departments
- Students can apply but must have the support of an academic sponsor (e.g., Departmental Inclusion Lead) and an agreement that the sponsor's department will administer funds.
What will we fund:
We encourage applications for projects and activities that:
- Contribute to the race equity visions outlined in UCL's Race Equality Implementation Action Plan
- Strategy and Culture
- Teaching & Research
- Staff Recruitment
- Pay, retention and staff progression
- Intersectional projects/activities that address race equity challenges in new ways. E.g., address race equity dimensions of broader challenges to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion or introduce/identify new dimensions of race equity issues.
- Cross-departmental projects that encourage partnership working and meaningful collaboration on race equity
- Projects to 'level up' and ensure that good practice is celebrated and replicated across UCL.
How do I apply?
Applications should only be made via the UCL Contribution and Engagement Fund form.
Please send the completed form to email@example.com.
Applications are open until Monday, 6th June 2022, for funds to be spent by 31st July.
Applications will be accepted for projects with funding phased across the 2021-22 and 2022-23 academic years.
How much money can I bid for?
There is no upper or lower limit on the value of bids, but the higher the sum requested, the more remarkable the case will need to be.
Impact and Evaluation
Each successful project lead will be required to evaluate the project within six months of the end of the project.