About the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Team
The Office of the President and Provost (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion) has been established to strategically advance equality, diversity and inclusion at UCL. The team draws from diverse expertise to provide informed advice, engagement and to support faculties and departments to advance initiatives and good practice at UCL. The structure and purpose of the team is to embed equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives into core business and mainstream the values on which UCL was founded. The EDI team works in partnership to support a number of equality groups and networks. These play an important function in:
* Representing the views of under-represented or marginalised staff
* Helping develop practical solutions to address equality issues
* Providing opportunities for networking and peer support among group members.
As a strategy team within Provost's Office, the EDI team can offer advice but do not undertake casework on behalf of individuals.
The EDI team are often asked to make comment and provide advice on pressing equality issues, including on high-profile public debates or sensitive issues in the media. Any comments provided are aligned with the purpose and expertise of the team, and may not always represent the views of the President and Provost.
Email: email@example.com, ext: 58888
Vicki Baars: Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Manager, Lead contact for SLMS
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, ext: 58890
Email: email@example.com, ext: 56721
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, ext: 58798
Email: email@example.com, ext: 09019
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, ext: 57624
Email: email@example.com, ext: 58860
- Useful Contacts for Staff
Departmental Equal Opportunity Liaison Officers (DEOLOs)
Human Resources Contacts
Please see the Human Resources Staff Contact page and find your departmental contact.
Fee paying nursery for children aged 3 months to 5 years with 38 places for children of staff and students. For further details please contact the Nursery. N.B There is usually a waiting list.
Tel: 020 767 97461, wxt: 27461
- Useful Contacts for Students
Rights and Advice Service: Ext: 32533/32507, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Student Support and Wellbeing: Denise Long - email:email@example.com
Director of Academic Services: Derfel Owen - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Mediator: Ruth Siddall - email: email@example.com
Student Sabbatical Officers:
- Aatikah Malik, Welfare and International Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandy Ogundele, Black and Minority Ethnic Students' Officer: email@example.com
- Nilisha Vashist, Women's Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cam Wildridge, LGBTQ+ Officer: email@example.com
- Ikeoluwa Adeniji-Fashola , DisabledStudent's Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org