The UCL Innovation and Enterprise Hatchery is free office space located in King Cross London available for UCL student start-ups.
Starting a business? Come and run it at the Hatchery, UCL Innovation and Enterprise's free office space for student start-ups.
If you’re a current UCL student or recent graduate, apply to work at The Hatchery and receive:
- Access to desk space in the UCL Innovation and Enterprise student entrepreneur and incubator space at BASE KX, 103c Camley Street, London N1C 4PF
- Support from the UCL Business Advisors and the entrepreneurship at UCL team which form part of UCL Innovation and Enterprise.
- Priority access to programmes and events run by UCL Innovation and Enterprise, as well as free places on relevant training courses.
- Use of the meeting rooms in BASE KX, full internet access, use of a printer, and your own locker space to keep paperwork securely.
Who can apply?
If you’re a UCL student or recent graduate (graduated in the past 12 months) working on a business start-up, you can apply.
You will need a business plan and be able to demonstrate that –
- your product or service is realistic
- you’ve identified a gap in the market, your target market is clearly defined and
- you’re satisfying a clear consumer need
- you have a thorough understanding of the practicalities involved
- you have a personal commitment to seeing your idea through
“The UCL hatchery is a fantastic environment for student start-ups, where advice and support is at hand whenever it might be required. This is critical at the early stages when companies are experiences rapid changes and are experiencing growth for the first time.”
Chester Mojay-Sinclare, Founder, Alive and Giving
"Being able to use the UCL student hatchery gave ‘The Sport Review’ a much-needed base from which we were able to successfully drive the business to the next level."
Martin Caparrotta, Founder of ‘The Sport Review’
To find out about joining the hatchery, email the Entrepreneurship team at email@example.com.