Explore what it means to be an entrepreneur and if this is the career path for you with this free one-day course. You don't need any business experience or a startup idea to attend.
This free one-day course will help you consider if you want to become an entrepreneur or work for a startup.
You’ll learn about the language used in entrepreneurship, what’s involved in starting a business or social enterprise, and how others have gone about this.
You’ll also develop valuable professional skills which you can apply in whatever career you choose.
This course is part of our ‘Inspire’ series of courses.
Who it’s for
This course is for UCL students, staff and recent graduates (within 3 years of graduating) who are new to entrepreneurship and want to explore what’s involved in being an entrepreneur.
You don't need any prior business experience or already have a business idea to attend.
You’re advised to attend 'Introduction to creative thinking and ideation' before attending this course, but it’s not essential.
What you’ll learn
This course will help you understand:
- the basic terminology of entrepreneurship
- the processes associated with entrepreneurship
- how to use various frameworks and models for starting a business
- how to take a customer-led approach to entrepreneurship
- if entrepreneurship is a possible career route for you
You’ll also develop skills to help you:
- take calculated risks and pivot ideas if they don’t work
- work effectively within a team
- analyse and evaluate data in a team setting
- think critically and solve problems creatively within the context of an entrepreneurship challenge
- apply various simulated entrepreneurship models
What to expect
This is an online interactive, activity-based course.
You’ll take part in workshop sessions and group discussions, and explore case studies and interactive content.
About the tutor
Stuart Hartley is the managing director of Incrementa Consulting Limited. He's been supporting students and graduates with enterprise and business startups for the past 15 years. Along the way, he's helped over 2,500 students and graduates to start businesses.
Dates and times
This free one-day online course runs several times a year.
Book now for:
- Friday, 29 October 2021, 9.30am to 3pm
- Monday, 15 November 2021, 9.30am to 3pm
- Monday, 6 December 2021, 9.30am to 3pm
- Monday, 7 February 2022, 9.30am to 3pm
- Monday, 14 March, 2022, 9.30am to 3pm
- Tuesday, 3 May 2022, 9.30am to 3pm
If you're interested in starting your own business or social enterprise, sign up for on of our other courses:
Read our privacy notice to understand how UCL Innovation & Enterprise will deal with your personal data.
UCL Innovation & Enterprise reserves the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or speakers without prior notice. Such alterations are occasionally necessary due to circumstances beyond our control.