Engineering Introduction to Media Relations
23 January 2024, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
A one-hour workshop that will provide an overview of how to best publicise your research via the media and introduce you to the media relations support on offer at UCL.
This event is free.
- UCL staff
Faculty of Engineering Sciences
Lecture Theatre 1151-19 Torrington PlaceLondonWC1E 7HBUnited Kingdom
This session is open to academics and early career researchers in the Faculty of Engineering who’d like to find out more about the following areas:
• Introduction to working with UCL Media Relations
• Why do media, and how to make it work for you
• What makes a research story 'newsworthy'
• The press release process
• Storytelling, pitches and exclusives
• Spotlight on recent UCL research that made headlines
This workshop is open to any academic or PhD/postdoc within the Faculty of Engineering
Lecture Theatre 115, Torrington Place (1-19), London, WC1E 7HB.
Availability is limited and will be on a first-come first-served basis. Sessions will run regularly throughout 2024, look out for further details via your Department or the Faculty.
Dr Matt Midgley
Media Relations Manager (Medical Sciences and Engineering)
UCL Office of the Vice President, External Engagement