ECON0011 > undergraduate module > 2020/21.
- Module leader: Beatriz Armendariz
- Intended teaching term: Term 2
- Credits: 15 (FHEQ Level 4)
- Module catalogue
- Moodle: ECON0011
To provide undergraduates - who are not studying economics as part of their degree programme - with a wide knowledge of the most basic economic concepts; to deliver a solid understanding of consumer and firm behavior; to explain most basic demand and supply neo-classical theory; to present basic concepts in mathematical formulae and graphs in a systematic manner; and to describe recent data and real-world examples.
- Students from departments other than Economics and the combined-studies degrees in Economics.
- Not available to the following students: Economics BSc (L100), Economics and Geography BSc (LL17), Economics and Statistics BSc (LG13), Philosophy and Economics BA (VL51), Mathematics with Economics BSc (G1L1), Mathematics with Economics MSci (G1LC), Statistics, Economics and Finance BSc (GLN0), and Statistics, Economics and a Language BSc (GLR0).
A-Level Maths or equivalent.
Students should know A-level mathematics. They should know how to reason mathematically, solve simple equations; know linear algebra, differentiations and basic geometry. They should also know how to solve numerical exercises, draw graphs clearly, and understand two-dimensional geometric shapes.