CPD Course: Paediatric Assessment
18 January 2024–15 February 2024, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
This five-day course covers the theory and practice of hearing assessment in infants and children as the basis for appropriate audiological management.
The Ear Institute
UCL Ear Institute332 Grays Inn RdLondonWC1X 8EE
The course combines theoretical evidence with practical knowledge and skills which you'll be able to apply immediately in whatever clinical setting you work in. You’ll also have an opportunity to network with a range of professionals from different backgrounds.
The course is updated annually to reflect the latest trends in technology and clinical practice.
This course is suitable for:
- teachers of the deaf and educational audiologists
- speech and language therapists
- general practitioners with a special interest in audiology
- audiovestibular doctors and other health professionals
You should have previous knowledge and experience in general audiology.
The course will run on five consecutive Thursdays. Seminar-style, interactive teaching is supplemented by:
- group exercises and class discussion
- practical demonstrations using videos
- self-directed reading and pre-reading around current structure and practice in paediatric audiology services
This course has lectures and seminars given by experienced paediatric audiology clinicians and other professionals using real case examples.
Following this course you'll be able to:
- Understand the principlesbehind newborn hearing screen and early intervention for neural plasticity
- Optimise the auditory potential for lifelong communication and social integration
- Establish skills in behavioural and objective methods of hearing assessment in infantsand children as the basis for appropriate audiological management
- Integrate speech-based assessments into the protocols for evaluating hearing
- Develop coherence in the roles of all professionals in the paediatric audiology team
- Assess and address the hearing needs of the child within her/her family context
- Introduce a culture of reflective practice, service evaluation and professional learning
Please note the cost is £600 without assessments; £1075 with assessments.