Articles on PCA
- Dementia the 'Jokester' (PDF) - The Alzheimer's Society talk to Terry Pratchett and Graham Doggett about living with PCA.
- Living with Dementia (PDF) - Terry Pratchett tells the ACNR (Advances in Clinical Neurosciene & Rehabilitation) journal about his personal experience of PCA.
- Dementia and sight loss - An article about the Alzheimer’s Society’s work on the issues involved in vision and dementia (Living with dementia magazine August 2010 pages 16-17).
- Be kind to yourself - An Alzheimer’s Society article about caring for someone with Posterior Cortical Atrophy (Living with dementia magazine December 2010 pages 12-13).
- Facing up to PCA - An Alzheimer's Society article about receiving a diagnosis of PCA (Living with dementia magazine December 2012 pages 8-9).
- "A Lot Of People Don't Believe I Have Alzheimer's" (PDF) - Liz Cunningham talks to Woman's Weekly about her experiences with early-onset Alzheimer's disease (Woman's Weekly magazine, November 2014 pages 10-11). Liz was also interviewed by the BBC.
- RNIB is becoming dementia informed - Stewart who has PCA, and his partner Grace are helping to train staff at the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) in the area of sight loss and dementia.
To read the articles you need a PDF reader, you can download Adobe Reader here for free.
- Lore's Story - a BBC radio programme following 6 months of conversations between Lore and her husband, diagnosed with PCA.
- In Touch - a BBC Radio programme about visual impairment.
- Listeners share their experiences of early-onset dementia on iPM (15th September 2012, created by the BBC). Listen to the part of the programme about early onset dementia (click on the link to listen, or right click and press 'save link as..." to download the file). You can listen to the full programme on the BBC website.
- Living with dementia: 'My brain is misbehaving' (24th October, 2014) - a BBC Scotland interview about a 55 year old lady who has been diagnosed with PCA.
The BBC does not endorse this website or its actions. The programme is for information purposes only.
Videos about PCA
- Paul Bulmer, who has a diagnosis of PCA, and his wife Alison discuss how they cope living with PCA during an interview with ITV. Watch the interview on the ITV website.
- Paul and his partner Penny talk about the impact of young-onset Alzheimer's disease on ITV. Watch the interview on the ITV website.
- Susan Stephens (a USA PCA support group member) speaking at the International Alzheimer's conference in May 2014.