- Info. for prospective students
- Information for new students starting in 2015
- Short courses and CPD
- PhD study
- Our research
- Job vacancies
- Contact us
- DHOER: Digital Humanities Open Educational Resources
- SMKE: Social Media Knowledge Exchange
- Linked Open Bibliographic Data
- G038 Electronic Publishing
- G017 Internet Technologies
- G037 XML
- G019 Legal and Social Aspects
- G042 Individual Approved Study (DH version)
- Workplacement Module
Legal and Social Aspects of Electronic Publishing
The following is the schedule for the last academic year and will be subject to change as the sessions are reliant on external guest speakers. It is added here to give you an idea of what to expect.
- Session 1: Introduction to the Social Impact of Electronic Publishing
- Session 2: Models of scholarly crowdsourcing: the case of volunteered geographic information
- Session 3: Online communities in the information society: real or virtual?
- Session 4: Web usability for people with learning disabilities
- Session 5: Open Source and Open Access
- Session 6: Social Media: are you talking to me? Is it really you?
- Session 7: Libraries in the digital age
- Session 8: Health Informatics
- Session 9: Freedom of Information and Data Protection
- Session 10: Copyright
- Exam revision
General Readings for this module are extremely wide. Many of the books are appropriate for more than one session. Weekly reading for seminars are listed separately and are added each week.
Students are encouraged to read as widely as possible, both in print and on the internet. No one text can or should be treated as a ‘textbook’ for this module.