- Taught programmes
- Short courses and CPD
- PhD Study
- Contact us
- Research studentships
- UCL Centre for Digital Humanities
- MA/MSc Digital Humanities
- DHOER: Digital Humanities Open Educational Resources
- SMKE: Social Media Knowledge Exchange
Legal and Social Aspects of Electronic Publishing
The following is the schedule for the last academic year and will be subject to change as the sessions are reliant on external guest speakers. It is added here to give you an idea of what to expect.
- Session 1: Introduction to the Social Impact of Electronic Publishing
- Session 2: Geospacial web and crowdsourcing
- Session 3: Communities in the information society: real or virtual?
- Session 4: Web usability for people with learning disabilities
- Session 5: Open Source and Open Access
- Session 6: Digital Identity
- Session 7: Libraries in the digital age
- Session 8: Health Informatics
- Session 9: Freedom of Information and Data Protection
- Session 10: Copyright
- Exam revision
General Readings for this module are extremely wide. Many of the books are appropriate for more than one session. Weekly reading for seminars are listed separately and are added each week.
Students are encouraged to read as widely as possible, both in print and on the internet. No one text can or should be treated as a ‘textbook’ for this module.