- An infographic produced by UCLDH and 4Humanities has won an award
- David Ryan (UCL CDIP Archive Studies, 1987) has received an LVO for outstanding service in the New Year's Honours List. He works for the Royal Household as Director of Records.
- A blog by Molly Slight, one of our MA Publishing students, has been published on the Bookseller website.
Direct Line: 01297 811247
Fax: 01297 811247
Office: I do not have a room in College but can be contacted by e-mail or phone.
Address correspondence to:
Dr Helen Forde
Department of Information Studies
University College London
London WC1E 6BT
Office hours: I do not have a room in College but can be contacted by e-mail or phone.
Research interests: preservation management in archives and libraries, conservation of archival and library materials, local history.
- 'Preservation policies - who needs them?' Journal of the Society of Archivists, 18/2, 1997 p165-173
- 'Preservation and conservation of documents; problems and solutions' Janus 1998.1 p 32-48 (ISSN 1130-5398)
- 'Preservation as a strategic function and an integrated component of archives management; or can we cope without it?' ICA CITRA 1999 p21-29
- 'Preservation policies and strategies for archives' Regni, M and PG Tordella eds. Conservazione dei materiali librari archivistici e grafici II (Umberto Allemandi & C, Torino, 1999) p 65-69
- 'Preservation Past and Future' Journal of the Society of Archivists, 23/2 2002 p 165-170 (ISSN 0037-9816)
- 'Preservation issues for the Archives Task Force'
- 'Report on sources of information for archival preservation'
- 'Blast and Counter-blast: perfidy exposed?' Journal of the Society of Archivists 24/1 2003 p103-106 (ISSN 0037-9816 print/ISSN 1465-3907 online/03/010103-04)
- 'Archival training in the United Kingdom - new directions?' Wladyslaw Stepniak ed. Archives in the Information Society; papers of the international conference at Popowo, 2002 (Warsaw, Naczelna Dyrekcja Archiwow Panstwowych,) p 133-140 (ISBN 83.89115.12.3)
- Control de desastres y reacción. Universidad de la Republica Archivo General, Uruguay, 2004 lhttp://www.rau.edu.uy/universidad/ag/novedades.htm·
- We must remember our past so that we do not repeat it. Journal of the Society of Archivists 25/2 2004 p117-122 (ISSN 0037-9816 print/ISSN 1465-3907online/04/020123-15)
- 'Preservation choices for traditional materials' Scelte e strategie per la Conservazione della Memoria Dobbiaco (BZ) 25-29 Giugno 2002 p 81-85 (ISBN 88-7574-048-8)
- Access and preservation in the 21st century. Journal of the Society of Archivists 2005/2
- 'Access and the social contract in publicly funded insitutions' In Gorman, GE and SHep, SJ (eds) Preservation Management for Libraires, Museums and Archives, 2006 London, Facet ISBN 1-85604-574-9
- Preserving Archives, 2007 Facet ISBN-13: 978-1-85604-577-3 ISBN-10: 1-85604-577-3