The UCL Day Nursery is committed to providing high quality childcare and nursery education for the children of UCL students and staff.
The UCL Day Nursery provides high quality childcare and nursery education, giving priority to the development needs and happiness of our children and their families in a safe, nurturing and stimulating care environment. As part of this process the Nursery recognises and values the diverse community that it serves, believing that quality can be achieved by working together in partnership with parents, carers and Ofsted.
The Nursery's childcare and education provision is firmly based on the following principles:
- every child is a unique individual
- all children have skills and abilities that need to be brought out and built upon
- the starting point of children's education is what they can do, not what they cannot do
- children have the right to develop physically, socially, emotionally, morally and intellectually to their full potential
- all children learn through first hand experiences, using their five senses
- holistic learning is important for young children.