The UCL Day nursery offers a total of 67 places for children of UCL staff and students.
How to apply
We are currently at full capacity but parents can apply for a place for their child and will be placed on a waiting list. To enquire about a place, please email email@example.com with the following details:
- your child's name and age
- if you are staff or a student at UCL
- preferred start date
- weekly attendance required
You can also provide us with anything else you think might be relevant.
You will be asked to complete an application form and pay a £50 non-refundable fee to secure your place on the waiting list.
A non-refundable fee of £50 is required to secure a place on the waiting list. This does not guarantee that a place will be available for the schedule and dates required.
Upon acceptance of a childcare place, half of the estimated monthly fee is required in advance by cheque, voucher or UCL salary sacrifice (for UCL employees). Fees are paid monthly on the first day of the month for the next month.
Payments can be made by salary sacrifice through UCL payroll, childcare vouchers or cheque. See UCL's HR pages on Tax Efficient Childcare Facilities for more details.
Additional sessions purchased, over and above normal booked sessions, will be charged monthly in addition to the equal monthly amounts.
No refund is offered in the event of the child’s absence due to illness, holiday or for any other reason. This is because the Nursery has to reserve a place for the child with appropriate staffing in advance.
Any change to a child’s booking pattern will be implemented at the start of the following month, provided at least two weeks’ notice is given to the Nursery manager.
The UCL Day Nursery reserves the right to increase the fees at any time by giving one calendar month’s written notice of the proposed increase to the parents or guardian.
How we calculate fees
Weekly attendance x 41.1* / 12**
*number of chargeable weeks per annum including bank holidays, University closures and five inset days
**months of the year
The baby rate fees apply to all children under three. On the term after your child’s third birthday the fee will change to the child rate. At this stage all children may also be eligible for the 30 hours nursery education funding from Camden Council. Once eligibility has been proved this will be reflected through a reduction in the monthly fee rate.
Baby rate (under 3s per month)
|Days per week||Fee including lunch||Fee including lunch and tea|
Child rate (over 3s per month)
|Days per week||30 hours funding including lunch and tea||15 hours including lunch and tea|
If there are outstanding fees at any time, the Nursery reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate childcare services for the child until the position is rectified. Any cost incurred as a result of suspension or termination will be paid for by the parent or guardian of the child.
Cancellation or termination
- After an offer of a place has been made by the nursery but before acceptance by the parent/guardian either party may cancel the offer by serving 7 days' written notice.
- After acceptance of the offer by the parent/guardian either party may terminate this agreement by the service of one calendar month's notice in writing. During that said one month period the nursery undertakes to continue to admit the child and the parent/guardian undertakes to pay all fees due. In the event of the parent/guardian failing to pay the month’s fees the child’s place shall be immediately withdrawn and the nursery shall be entitled to serve a formal demand for payment of such monies.
- In the event of the parent/guardian giving notice of withdrawal of the child and immediately withdrawing the said child there shall be due to the nursery two calendar month’s fees in lieu of notice. Failure by the parent/guardian to provide two calendar months’ notice or any notice at all shall render the parent/guardian liable to the nursery for two month’s fees.
- Notice must be in writing and posted to the UCL Day Nursery manager, Catherine Burtenshaw, 50-51 Gordon Square, London WC1H 0PQ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Nursery reserves the right to terminate any child’s enrolment, or restrict access to a parent/guardian or child, at any time without notice, for the protection of other children and staff, and the wellbeing and smooth operation of the Nursery. Any disruption caused by a parent or child that is deemed inappropriate or not conducive to a nursery environment, or undermines the reputation of the Nursery or its staff, will be cause for termination at the discretion of the Nursery manager.
Back to top
Late collection surcharge
Parents or guardians collecting a child beyond the booked session times will be subject to an additional surcharge of £25.