Information for UCL students
Remember, you must stay at home if you feel unwell, and use the UCL Connect to Protect reporting tool if: you have symptoms of coronavirus, you need to self-isolate, or you have tested positive for coronavirus.
- We've put together a short video with some advice about how to get vaccinated against COVID-19, access healthcare, and find support at UCL. Watch the video and find out more.
- Students who are arriving in the UK from overseas are eligible for a discount on the full range of PCR tests required for travel. Find out more and claim a voucher code
- This page is restricted to UCL students - if you are unable to access the page please refer to your Welcome Week email on 3 September titled ‘Living in London’
- How we are communicating with students
We’re working hard to keep all our students and staff up to date with the latest on coronavirus and our response to it. The information on this page is updated regularly and should be considered the most up-to-date source of information for students. Please check this page regularly.
Students should expect to receive updates through the myUCL student newsletter (on a weekly basis during term time) and from their department or faculty. Please check your UCL email on a regular basis for important notifications. If you haven’t been receiving the myUCL newsletter, please check your spam or junk folder in the first instance. If the newsletters are not in these folders, please complete this quick form to notify us. We will resubscribe you if for any reason you are unsubscribed, and we will contact you if there are any other issues.
- Information for parents and guardians of UCL students
Starting university can be an anxious time for parents who want to help and support their child so that they make the most of university. Our website for parents aims to answer some of your key questions.
Key information and support
If you have a specific question about your individual circumstances please speak to your department or line manager in the first instance. If you have a more general question, please check that it has not already been answered through our Coronavirus FAQs or Keeping Safe on Campus webpages.
Students can contact us though the askUCL student enquiries system. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and if you would like to speak to someone on the phone, please call our helpline on 0203 108 5699. Lines are open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.